Orion RADIO over IP—4 Port (RIP4)
The Orion Systems Radio over IP (RIP4) device interconnects multiple radios and FXO Telephone interfaces over a LAN/WAN to Orion IP Consoles and/or an IP Voice Communication Switch (IP-VCS).
Each RIP4 device is equipped with four radio interfaces. As an option 2-Wire FXO POTS telephone interfaces can be added to the unit. Each radio interface includes a full duplex non-blocking Tx/Rx radio communication. The RIP4 device is capable of transmitting and receiving audio on all four radios and up to 4 telephone interfaces simultaneously. When paired with Orion IP Consoles or an Orion IP-VCS the RIP4 device performs as an Analog to VoIP/RoIP gateway
Each radio interface consists of 600/150 Ω analog transmit and receive transformer isolated audio pair. Radio keying utilizes either a PTT solid-state contact closure or EIA Function Tones. Each radio interface contains VOX and Carrier Operated Relay (COR) detectors that can be used for radio-to-radio patch key-ing.
Management and configuration is accomplished using a Web browser. Settings such TX/RX line levels, Tone Keying Functions AGC enable/disable, and VOX level detection are set using a standard web interface. A username and password must be provided to access the unit.
Size / Power:
- Size: 1.63” high x 8.5” inches wide x 12” deep
- 19” Rack Mounting Options:
- 1 device per rack unit with mounting ears
- 2 devices per 1 rack unit with mounting shelf
- Input Voltage
- 100 to 250 VAC / 50—65 Hz; external supply
- 12v DC nominal
- Power Consumption: 30W maximum
Temperature & Humidity:
- Operating Temperature: 0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)
- Storage Temperature: -23°C to 70C (-10°F to 158°F)
- Operating Humidity: 10%-90% Noncondensing
- Storage Humidity: 5%-95% Noncondensing
- Mean Time Between Failures— 50,000 hours
- Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) < 0.5 hour.
- Filtered band of 300Hz to 3,300Hz, ≥ +/-2dB;
- Signal to Noise (S/N) ratio >45dB;
- Distortion <2%; and
- Channel cross-talk <50dB
- Warranty: 1 year
- Weight: 5lbs
- RoHS compliant
Click to Download Product Sheet